The racing RTR with all the extras — and no equals!
UL-1 Superior 65+ mph!There's never been a LiPo-ready hydro with brushless power and 2.4GHz technology — until now. The UL-1 Superior has been designed in the U.S.A. to deliver today's best in cutting-edge control, brushless performance and competition-quality features!
- Features high-performance GrimRacer hardware and an optimized-for-brushless hull design developed by Mike "Grimracer" Zaborowski!
- Includes a brushless marine motor and ESC custom-designed to meet UL-1 performance requirements.
- Drive system uses a standard 0.150" flex drive and 3/16" prop shaft to provide race-quality response and reliability.
- Ideal for IMPBA and NAMBA FE Sport Hydroplane Class events.
- The UL-1 is modeled after full-size UL (Unlimited Light) hydroplanes. There are replica exhaust pipes on both sides of the upper deck... and rearview mirrors and a painted windshield on the enclosed canopy!
- Brushless design makes the 6-pole, 36-56-2030kV motor virtually maintenance-free, extremely efficient and best of all, fast. It's factory-installed for ease, and comes with 4 mm gold-plated bullet motor connectors. A custom water cooling jacket turns performance-robbing heat into cool-running perfection.
- Like the motor, the custom-made aluminum ESC is water-cooled, waterproof, installed and LiPo-compatible. Driver aids include a "stutter" warning when the battery voltage hits 12V... and an automatic motor cut-off at 11.6V. Genuine Deans® Ultra Plug® connectors provide unmatched efficiency.
- The nose canopy slides over a tab on the hull and snaps in place with the power of magnets! Radio box tape creates a waterproof seal that holds the hatch firmly in place.
- The molded-in center tub section is the perfect radio/motor box: spacious, waterproof and easy to clean. However, its depth and shape also help it brace the hull against distortion — and lower the CG for more stable running!
- The aluminum strut is CNC-machined, black-anodized and adjustable, so you can change prop depth and angle to match water conditions. The drive system combines a strong 0.150" flex cable with a standard 3/16" prop shaft.
- GrimRacer hardware is built to take punishment in stride and coax the last bit of performance from every boat. All aluminum parts are CNC-machined and black-anodized for top performance and lasting good looks.
- The 2 mm aluminum hydro turn fin features a tapered leading edge that cuts more cleanly, reducing drag and improving efficiency. Like the strut, it adjusts for top performance.
- "Breakaway" fins look like they're molded as part of the hull, but detach under stress to prevent damage to the hull. They attach simply with two-sided tape and float so they're easy to locate and retrieve.
Hull Length: 27.0 in (685 mm)
Beam: 14.25 in (360 mm)
Weight: 4.9 lb (2.21 kg)
Requires: (2) 7.4V, 3200mAh 20C LiPo battery packs & (4) "AA" batteries
- Thursday, December 5, 2013 Severe Winter Weather Affecting Service in Midwest and Northeast