A near-perfect scale outline—in IMAA-legal size
Giant-scale hopefuls and experienced scale modelers alike will find the classic plane they want in the Cessna 182 Skylane. The massive, 81" span wing makes it IMAA-legal. Precision-formed ABS parts and decals (for details as tiny as door hinges) make it easy to detail-out for judging. An impressive project that the average builder can complete—and a smooth, mellow flier that virtually any pilot can enjoy!
- Gold Edition extras—interlocking construction, pushrod routing through formers, 2-servo flap and aileron operation, shaped wooden struts and more—simplify assembly without sacrificing strength.
- Concealed linkages, "plug-in" side windows and ABS cowl, tail cone, wheel pants and strut fairings ease the creation of true-scale looks.
- 3D CAD-engineered wing assembles straight and strong almost automatically.
- Two-piece, predrilled aluminum main landing gear bolts from inside the fuselage to maintain perfect scale lines.
- Engine can be completely concealed within the cowl using optional header and in-cowl muffler.
- Molded-in "bowls" with clear lenses make adding (optional) landing lights easy.
"...An all-wood, fully sheeted beauty which scale buffs are sure to love." —Scale R/C Modeler magazine
- Extruded ABS plastic strips are included for the model's control surfaces. This easily simulates the full-scale Cessna 182 Skylane's tell-tale corrugated Fowler flaps, ailerons and elevator.
- Landing light bowls are molded into the precision-formed ABS cowl, ready to accept optional working or dummy landing lights. Clear lenses are included with the kit.
- For scale builders who demand the greatest scale accuracy possible, Top Flite has developed an optional in-cowl muffler (TOPQ7917) that fits completely inside the cowl, mounted directly behind 2-stroke engines.
- The side windows "plug in" neatly, while the rear window frame's compex curves come already formed in a single plastic piece for instant scale accuracy, and a perfect blend into the fuselage.
- Stock Number: TOPA0300
- Wingspan: 81 in (2055 mm)
- Wing Area: 906 in² (58.4 dm²)
- Weight: 10-12 lb (4540-5440 g)
- Wing Loading: 23-28 oz/ft² (70-85 g/dm²)
- Fuselage Length: 64.5 in (1635 mm)
- Engine Required: 2-stroke .61-.91 cu in or 4-stroke .91-1.20 cu in
- Radio Required: 4-5 channel w/5-7 servos
- Suggested MonoKote Colors: White, Dark Red and Black
- Recommended Scale Options: 2-1/4" Cessna Spinner (TOPQ5405); In-Cowl Muffler for .61-.90 2-stroke engines (TOPQ7917)—requires using Top Flite header for O.S. (TOPQ7920) engines
- Thursday, December 5, 2013 Severe Winter Weather Affecting Service in Midwest and Northeast